What will we ask you to do?
Your role will be to work as hard as you can to ‘break’ new software to help us with the design process. You will work closely with the Software Designers and Programme Managers to gain an understanding about what each area of functionality is meant to do, the key features and who will use it.
You will have a responsibility of defining the test strategy, test plans and test scripts. Additionally, you will be ‘hands-on’ and run functional, user scenario, stress, performance, scalability and international tests with the ultimate goal of identifying and consequently ironing out any bugs and improve the quality of the finished product.
What will my day look like?
You’ll often be working on more than one project at a time, one in first phase testing and another in its second or final phase. This means you will work around the demands of the project rather than the clock.
If you’re documenting the tests your typical working hours will be a 9.00am to 5.30pm day, but if you’re running tests then it might be longer.
There are various levels within the testing field that you can work up to – these include software test lead, software test manager, software test architect and software test designer.
Is this the role for me?
If you can answer “Yes” to the following then this role could be for you.
Do you have:-
- Experience of Testing a variety of retail applications
- The ability to work in a team and as an individual.
- Good presentation skills
- Experience of using testing processes and tools.
- Good communications and consultancy skills.
- A natural curiosity.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A good understanding of the software development process.
- A good understanding of the retail business process.