We are looking for a committed, knowledgeable and quality-driven Developer to help maintain momentum in our company’s continued growth.
Where will I be working?
Retail Assist has a number of sites based across the UK, but your location will be at our Application Centre based in Northampton as this is the hub for our onsite Solution Design, Development and Support teams.
What will I be asked to do?
We don’t want any ordinary developers; we want those who are passionate about technology – new and old – and are willing to go the extra mile to meet our goals.
Your role will be to develop, maintain and support functionality and modules within our PIM solution. You will contribute to specifications, estimations, development, testing and implementations of new functionality and support the Development Team Leaders in their day-to-day duties.
High emphasis is placed on delivery and quality, so you need to be able to deliver to strict deadlines and ensure your work is thoroughly unit tested before it is handed over to the testing team. You will be working in a fast-paced and challenging environment, with scope and flexibility for growth.
Is this the role for me?
If you can answer ‘Yes’ to the following this role will be of interest to you:
- Develop quality code and unit test according to established principles
- Educate themselves and team members about the latest technologies
- Enjoy mentoring and supporting more junior team members
- Work with the established development process and identify ways of improving it
- Communicate well with members of other teams, as well as their own.
- At least 3 years’ experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft full stack development technology
- C#, ASP.NET, MVC, SOLID
- Microsoft SQL Server – designing schemas, writing T-SQL stored procedures and writing efficient HTML, CSS
- RESTful web services
- A working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery strategies
- Agile working experience
- Azure or AWS Hosting
If you’ve got the above experience under your belt, then we’d love to hear from you.