- 2 Jun
15 Years of Retail Assist – Interview with Peter Jefferson Blog
Peter Jefferson is a Senior Analyst Programmer and also the source of our next 15 years of Retail Assist blog. The main purpose of Peter’s role is providing application support, covering; design, development, testing, documentation and implementation of new functions within our supply-chain solution, Merret. This role also means that Peter has to deal with existing Merret modules, providing further functionality.
Merret is our omnichannel retailing supply chain solution that covers all aspects of stock control and retail supply, and is used by brands such as Jacques Vert, Whistles, Morrisons Nutmeg, Harvey Nichols and Mint Velvet. Used globally Merret can deal with the complexities of national and international retailing, whilst still managing stock from a central stock pool. Read more about Merret here: http://www.merret.com/home
What does your role involve, and how has this changed over the last 15 years?
- My role is Application Support for Merret, the role means you definitely have to be a team player, developing solutions within very tight timescales.
- When I first joined I worked at GCS, a company which later evolved to develop the beginnings of Merret. I worked on bespoke developments for GCS customers. Retail Assist acquired Merret in 2007, so I moved to Retail Assist then.
What would you say the most significant change has been in retail over the last 15 years?
- Definitely the internet, giving consumers the ability to shop online as well as in-store I would say has created the most change.
What changes have you seen at Retail Assist over the last 15 years?
- Retail Assist has grown significantly, starting with a very small workforce and growing to over 200 employees has been the biggest change I have seen whilst working here.
What is your favourite aspect of working at Retail Assist?
- I enjoy the work. It is always very challenging, sometimes too challenging, but there is no better feeling than overcoming these obstacles and providing our customers with the best solutions and services that we can.
Most memorable/funniest Retail Assist experience?
- Our office on the Wellingborough Road was a great place to work; we definitely had some fun times there, obviously alongside lots of hard work!
If you have enjoyed reading this blog and are interested in reading about other members of our team then keep an eye on our blog page: http://www.retail-assist.co.uk and also our twitter account: @RetailAssist #15YearsofRA for updates and latest blog posts.
For more information about Retail Assist then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0115 853 3910.