PURCHASE ORDER CREATION
Our purchase order management system within Merret is rich with operational functionality, for efficient and cost-effective retailing.
- The option to automatically calculate freight & duty, along with additional customisable elements, ensure that landed costs are completely accurate. Landed costs can also be broken down, for financial transparency and third party invoice matching.
- The ability to create flexible purchase orders means there is no need to re-raise purchase orders for incomplete deliveries, as the system permits receipt of additional deliveries.
- Customisable safeguards are built in to this flexibility, to housekeep outstanding balances and automatically remove the associated financial commitment after a specified period.
- Multi-drop purchase orders are also supported, allowing for large commitment agreements to be made with suppliers, and the stock phased into the business to suit your requirements.
- Purchase order creation defaults can be set by user to expedite the process, as well as a copy function for faster processing of similar purchase orders.
- Ticket and label agnostic, the system interfaces to major providers.
- Financial commitment data can be outputted to your WSSI and to the Merret Business Intelligence pallet, driving Open-to-Buy planning for merchandisers, and forecasting future purchase orders.
Through our purchase order management system, experience the benefits of tighter financial controls, supporting greater profitability:
- Via authorisation: managerial authorisation when raising purchase orders is a mandatory Merret workflow process.
- Via budgetary spend controls: optional threshold controls can be set for buyers to prevent overspending.
- Flexibility to include or exclude payment terms discounts from the purchase order.
- Separate ‘stock’ and ‘commitment’ exchange tables results in more accurate commitment margins if currency is bought in advance.