- 28 Mar
Mother’s Day… with a little help from our clients
As a few of you have mentioned that you found our ‘Valentine’s Day… with a little help from our clients’ blog helpful, we thought we would produce a similar guide for Mother’s Day. Here are some gift ideas for the 3rd April, for those of us who are lucky enough to be blessed with a fab mum:
1) Card: Our client Paperchase has plenty to choose from: http://www.paperchase.co.uk/new-for-spring/mothers-day-cards/icat/oemothersday/. Sorted. Now on to the present:
2) Flowers: Bit of a generalisation, but mums tend to love these don’t they? Our client Selfridges has a pretty impressive selection: http://www.selfridges.com/en/Mothers-Day/Categories/Flowers/?template=2. My mother’s personal favourite is a bouquet of freesias, but if you’re not sure of your mum’s preference, you could try:
3) Chocolates: Our client Harvey Nichols has a gift to suit every pocket, from a simple bar to champagne truffles: http://www.harveynichols.com/food-wine/categories/confectionery-chocolate.html. Your mum not got a sweet tooth? Time to move on to:
4) A photo frame. Put a picture of yourself in it and it’s bound to bring a tear to her eye (hopefully for positive reasons, not because it’s a really bad photo). Our client The White Company has lots of classic styles: http://www.thewhitecompany.com/CatalogueSearchResults.aspx?Search=photo. Or if your mum likes to keep up to date with technology, another client Tec7 has a range of digital photo frames: http://www.tec7.co.uk/search.aspx?s=photo+frame&inven=Full. Not feeling particularly photogenic? Why not give this a go:
5) Perfume: Our client World Duty Free has got lots of choice, all at great prices: http://www.worlddutyfree.com/fragrances-for-her.html?view=productmanager. Feeling a bit more daring? Why not go for:
6) Clothes: it’s a constant source of disappointment for my mum that she won’t need to invest in a hat for my wedding anytime soon, however if yours does, our client Jacques Vert has got a wide array to choose from: http://www.jacques-vert.co.uk/en/accessories/hats/ Not your mum’s style? We’ve got lots of other fashion retailer clients, so something is bound to tickle her fancy:
7) A day out: If your mum is anything like mine, she needs to relax more, so a good way to ensure that she sits still for a few hours is to take her to the cinema. Our client Vue has cinemas nationwide: http://www.myvue.com/ just be sure to steer clear of any films with protracted love scenes that will provide awkward viewing for all present!
Are you doing anything nice for your mum this Mother’s Day? Post your comments below.
PS Inspired by our recent office ‘Guess the photo’ competition for Comic Relief, the picture illustrating this blog is one of yours truly in younger days, with her mum!