With the continued growth of our company and the added complexity of new functionality, Retail Assist would like to focus more on the Quality aspect of our systems to improve the overall customer experience we currently offer. You will be responsible for the full quality and testing aspect of the systems produced by our development team as well as the quality of any application support solutions provided to customers. Our systems are written across a number of different disciplines and platforms so you will be working in a challenging and fast paced environment with a high emphasis on quality and delivery.
Where will I be working?
Retail Assist has a number of sites based across the UK, but your primary location will be at our Applications Centre based in Northampton as this is the hub for our onsite Merret Design, Development and Support teams.
What will I be asked to do?
We don’t want any ordinary people; we want those who are passionate about quality and are willing to go the extra mile to meet our goals.
Your role will be to improve and maintain our current quality standards as well as to mentor and lead our test team to achieve even higher levels. You will contribute to the creation and operation of all aspects of testing, including functional, automated regression and performance testing. High emphasis is placed on delivery and quality, so you need to be able to deliver to strict deadlines and ensure your work is thoroughly tested before it is handed over to the customers. You will be working in a fast paced and challenging environment with scope and flexibility for growth.
Is this the role for me?
If you’ve got the above experience under your belt and can answer ‘yes’ to most of the below questions, then this role is for you:
- Develop testing teams and test processes according to established principles
- Educate yourself and team members about the latest technologies
- Enjoy mentoring and supporting more junior team members
- Work with the established processes and identify ways of improving them
- Communicate well with members of other teams as well as your own
- Current experience of managing a quality/test team
- Flexible, dedicated, willing to embrace change and rise to challenges
- Experience of working alongside 3rd party suppliers