- 26 May
15 Years of Retail Assist – Interview with David Ford
Here we go with another 15th Birthday blog. This one is courtesy of David Ford our Store Systems Supervisor.
What does your role involve, and how has this changed over the last 15 years?
- My role involves supervision of the Store System team and together we provide 2nd line support for Retail Assist’s PoS clients.
- Over the last 15 years it has changed gradually rather than dramatically because we now have such a wide variety of clients and each provide different challenges. At first I worked just for Sports Division and then just for Adams Childrenswear and during this time I was based at the clients site rather than our own Head Office.
What would you say the most significant change has been in retail over the last 15 years?
- How people shop and the development of online shopping – Increasing the use of iPad’s and other tablets in-store.
What changes have you seen at Retail Assist over the last 15 years?
- We started out working from a small office near Bingham Station, namely ‘Cabourn House’, and then moved to bigger premises still based at Bingham which became known as ‘Compass Point’. We later made the BIG move to ‘The Hub’ Nottingham in August 2009!
What is your favourite aspect of working at Retail Assist?
- I guess most people will say this but “the people”. The fact that Retail Assist has grown dramatically in size but the close knit team feeling still remains, whilst maintaining the standards of a large company.
Most memorable/funniest Retail Assist experience?
One in particular stands out for me;
- Meeting one of my hero’s on the way back from Dundrum in Ireland following a new store opening – I found myself stood next to John Surtees at the airport and got his autograph. (The only man to win both the Formula 1 World Championship and also the Motorcycle World Championship.)
If you have enjoyed reading this blog and are interested in reading about other members of our team then keep an eye on our blog page: http://www.retail-assist.co.uk and also our twitter account: @RetailAssist #15YearsofRA for updates and latest blog posts.
For more information about Retail Assist then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0115 853 3910.